Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Toddler Morning Hair Solution

I knew this blog would be pretty random, but this post might be taking that to the next level. I am going to describe what I do when my daughter's cute curls turn into a mad scientist 'do overnight. I have observed many other toddlers' hair is the same, so I am sharing this in case it might help someone else. I know a lot of people go to short haircuts as a solution but I love my girl's hair and so does she, so I was determined to find an alternative. It turned out simple and quick.


All you need is a spray bottle, a tiny amount of conditioner and some warm water. I use a 3 oz travel spray bottle I picked up at Target. I think it works well because it produces a nice fine mist. Put less than a dime-size amount of conditioner in, fill it most of the way with water and shake. Then just spray a few times, and brush gently starting from ends and working up. It is really quick, the knots come right out. For us, spraying and brushing takes less than a minute. This might work with a detangler, but I like this much better because it leaves much less residue and feels much lighter. Not to mention the cost is only a fraction compared to that of detangler/leave-in conditioner. The 3 oz bottle lasts at least a couple of weeks. I plan on getting some pure aloe gel soon and trying this instead of conditioner. I will update with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment